Alpha Phi Sigma
Founded in 1942, Alpha Phi Sigma is a national Criminal Justice Honor Society that recognizes academic excellence of Undergraduate and Graduate students of Criminal Justice, as well as Juris Doctorate students. The only Criminal Justice Honor Society that is a certified member of The Association of College Honor Societies, Alpha Phi Sigma is affiliated with The Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.
Alpha Phi Sigma has one main goal:
To honor and promote academic excellence, community service, educational leadership and unity. The national organization provides programs to help achieve these goals, including national and regional conventions held annually, scholarships, grants and award competitions.
The purpose of Alpha Phi Sigma is to promote excellence in scholarship and performance, and to share knowledge about critical issues regarding crime and criminal and social justice.
How to Join
Membership in Alpha Phi Sigma is open to students majoring or minoring in Criminal Justice, as well as Juris Doctorate students who meet minimum application requirements, and are in good standing with the University.
The Alpha Phi Sigma membership fee is $100. This fee pays a $70 national organization and a $30 local UHD fees. Please contact the faculty advisor at your chapter for more information.
- Complete 12 hours of CJ undergraduate coursework
- 3.2 GPA in CJ undergraduate coursework
- 3.2 Overall GPA undergraduate coursework
- Complete 9 hours of CJ graduate coursework
- 3.4 GPA in CJ graduate coursework
- 3.4 Overall GPA graduate coursework
- Complete 12 hours of community service per semester (Fall and Spring semesters)
- 10 hours of community service (5 hours can be overlapped if also a member of the Professional Society of Criminal Justice Students)
- One time fee of $100 ($70 to national organization, $30 local UHD fees)
- Abide by Alpha Phi Sigma Constitution and by-laws
- Attend club meetings
- Participate in a least one club event (nonsocial) during semester
- Be in good standing with the University
- Abide by University requirements for student organization membership
For more information, contact the faculty advisor or visit http://www.alphaphisigma.org/.