- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of space and space allocations on campus (in conjunction with Facilities Management).
- Review and provide updates on the status of all approved academic space projects. Address any space concerns that the committee has.
- For new capital projects, update the committee on any delays, assistance needed, and communication to the wider university population of closures, detours, or changes of room availability.
- Develop university space management principles (standards) which will be applied consistently and equitably in future facility and space decisions.
- Develop a space policy that outlines the process of requesting new space or renovation of existing space.
- Assist with the development or update or the Campus Master Plan (as needed).
Committee membership should represent a broad spectrum of university perspectives including Academic Affairs, Facilities Management, Information Technology, University Relations, as well as Events & Reservations, Campus Security and Emergency Management. Appointments to the committee are ex-officio, voting members.
Assistant Vice President of Facilities Management
Interim Executive Director, Financial Affairs
Director, Building Maintenance
Director of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing
Nikhil Bhatt Member Manager, Classroom Technology Yes Ex-Officio