Skip to main content

Transient Students

If you are a current student working towards a bachelor's degree at another college or university and would like to attend UHD for only one semester or during the summer, you may qualify for transient undergraduate admission to UHD. 

Steps to Apply for Admission as a Transient

  1. Apply online using the Apply Texas application, visit

  2. Submit the UHD Letter of Academic Standing form. The form must be completed by an Academic Advisor, Dean or designee at the home institution and submitted back to the Office of Admissions.

  3. Pay non-refundable $50 application fee ($75 late application fee after posted deadline).

  4. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
Already Applied? Track your Application Status online.

Additional Information

Transient applicants are eligible to enroll for up to 24 total credit hours only..

Transient students are not eligible for financial aid.

A transient student who wishes to remain at UHD or plans to attend in a future semester must reapply and be accepted as a transfer student.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at



Office of Admissions
One Main Street, GSB 308
Houston, TX 77002
Office: 713-221-8522

Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Application Deadlines:

Fall Term: August 1
Spring Term:
December 15
Summer Term:
May 1

Helpful Links:
Pay Application Fee
How to Pay Application Fee
Application Status
Find Your Admissions Counselors