This document provides instructions on downloading and configuring the Palo Alto VPN client called Global Protect. A VPN client is needed to access on-campus resources, including your desktop computer, from an off-campus computer.
For Mobile Devices
Please disconnect from UHD Wi-Fi or be off-campus to configure VPN on mobile devices.
For Linux OS
- Download the "GlobalProtect" app from the mobile app store.
- Enter pavpn.uhd.edu for the portal address.
- Enter your UHD credentials
If you are running Linux operating system in your computer, download this
Global Protect file.
For Windows or MacOS
Download & Configure Global Protect (Palo Alto VPN Client)
Please note that this page is ONLY accessible from off-campus.
- Enter your current network credentials.
- Select the
version you will want to install on your computer either Windows or macOS.
- Run the installation by confirming on the next few screens by selecting the "Next" button.
- At the completion of the installation, select "Close".
Launch Global Protect (Palo Alto VPN Client)
- Select Global Protect from the Program listing or
When you launch the application the first time you will be asked to enter a portal address.
- (Windows) select the Globe icon from the taskbar.
- (macOS) select the Globe icon from the Apple menu bar.
- Please enter the following information for the portal address:
Beginning March 9, 2021: Enter your current network credentials to connect to VPN. You may also be asked to type in your username which is your full email address.
Beginning March 9, 2021: You will be prompted by Duo to provide two-factor authentication. Please select your authentication method of choice. Extensive information on using Duo may be found on our
Duo Two-Factor Authentication page.
Send Me a Push
Enter a Passcode
- After you are connected and/or ready to disconnect, go to the VPN client and select "Disconnect"