Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Completion Program (RN to BSN)
Build your future
Nurses promote health, prevent illness, care for patients who are suffering, provide treatment for the human response to illness, and improve the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations within the local neighborhood, the state, the nation, and the world. As a UHD nursing student, you will complete clinical experiences and learn from the best medical professionals inside the Texas Medical Center and community agencies.
Information Session (Virtual)
Wednesday, 2 PM - 4 PM
Prepare for an Exciting Career
A degree in Nursing from UHD prepares students for a variety of careers. Career paths
include nursing care, management, teaching and community service careers in local,
state, and federal healthcare settings. Some careers in nursing require additional
education beyond the bachelor's degree, and this degree will provide a strong foundation
for that education.
The BSN Degree at UHD offers students a strong educational foundation in nursing, while also providing them with the leadership and critical thinking skills necessary for a challenging career in any healthcare setting, or in the pursuit of a graduate degree. Students are strongly encouraged to participate in undergraduate research as part of their educational experience. Read about us.
Five reasons to choose UHD for your nursing degree
- Tuition is affordable
- Only 33 hours to complete the program
- Convenient class schedule
- Great location, close to the medical center
- Excellent academic team and faculty
This program is designed to be a degree completion degree for students that have already
received an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AASN) degree along with their
Nursing Degree Plan
- Submit an application via www.applytexas.org
- Pay non-refundable $50 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Submit an official transcript of an associate degree in nursing (ADN)
- Provide evidence of a valid, unencumbered Texas Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license
- Submit proof of current CPR/AED certification
- Other admissions requirements, 2.0 GPA, C or better in Nursing courses
How to Apply
When applying on Apply Texas please select RN to BSN.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at The University of Houston-Downtown is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.