Concentration in Human Resources
Why Earn an MBA in Human Resources at UHD?
The Human Resources MBA at UHD is a practical and innovative program. Human Resource managers, directors and leaders have contributed in building the program and in shaping the topics taught. The MBA HR program focuses on developing the skills necessary for managing human capital regardless of industry.
Suitable Candidates for the Human Resources MBA Program:
UHD's MBA in Human Resources is for seasoned professionals or candidates seeking to enter the field of HRM. Graduates will gain professional-level knowledge on core principles used in various HRM capacities. This program provides the foundational basics that will serve HRM corporate leaders as they grow in organizational responsibility.
The Skills and Topics Covered in MBA Human Resources Courses Include:
- Legal aspects of employment law as it relates to the management of people in organizations
- Understand the short- and long-term impact of acquiring talent in order to position the organization for success
- Apprehend various techniques for talent recruitment
- Ascertain and evaluate the role of human resources in strategically supporting management to develop, engage, and retain talent
- Develop skills and knowledge in compensation and benefits
- In depth understanding of the big picture and the HR contributions to make a business successful
To obtain an MBA degree with a Human Resources specialization, students are required to take 10 separate core courses in addition to the student's chosen concentration courses.
Concentration courses are offered in the evenings, one class every eight weeks, and can be completed over the span of 12 months. Courses are also available in an online format. The courses include the following:
|MBA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATION COURSES
|Legal Environment of Human Resource Management
|Talent Acquisition: Attraction and Selection
|Talent Management: Engaging and Retaining Employees
|Compensation and Benefits
|Strategic Human Resource Management
|Graduate Colloquium (required for all concentrations)
Complete descriptions of the above courses can be found in our MBA Human Resources Course Descriptions.
|MBA - CORE COURSES
|Management of Organizational Behavior
|Managerial Decision Making
|Managerial Accounting and Budgeting
|Management of the Supply Chain
|Management of Information Systems
Complete descriptions of the above courses can be found in our MBA Core Course descriptions.
Please note that for some MBA candidates, leveling courses may be required.