Gator Textbook Access Program
In Fall 2023, the University of Houston-Downtown will conduct a pilot program for the new University of Houston-Downtown Gator Textbook Access Program (GTAP). GTAP is an exciting digital rental program that allows students access to course materials on or before the first day of class and at significant savings over purchasing new retail books.
How Does It Work?
Why Choose GTAP?
- If you have been awarded financial aid and your award surpasses the cost of tuition and fees, the GTAP costs can be covered by the aid you have already been awarded.
- Be better prepared by receiving your digital materials on or before the first day of class.
- Digital materials include the ability to search, highlight, and take notes easily and efficiently.
- Receive significant savings over the price of new retail books with GTAP negotiated pricing.
GTAP Classes and Pricing
Visit our GTAP lookup page Enter your course information to find out if your course is a GTAP class.
*GTAP fees are subject to the 8.25% Texas Sales Tax.
- Course materials adoption process remains the same through the UHD Campus Store.
- Materials are available digitally through the Learning Management System.
- Students are prepared for class on day one.
- Provides transparency of pricing.
- Helps with decision-making and budgeting when registering.
- Ensures availability of course materials on or before the first day of class.
- Creates flexible payment options.
- Allows for direct use of financial aid.
- Supports students in Athletics, Veteran Affairs, and Texas Workforce Commission scholarships.
- Preserves student choice with the opt-out option.
- Provides a stress-free purchasing experience.