Skip to main content

Veteran Students

Veteran Students

Veteran Student is a student who has or is working in the armed forces, or a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation or office.

Welcome to the University of Houston-Downtown!

You have courageously served our country, now let us serve you!

Before receiving approval of your benefits please follow the steps below to ensure your certification is done in a timely manner.

  • Apply to the university at Apply Texas Application
    • Submit all official transcripts from all institutions you have attended
    • ACE credits will be added to your academic record once you have applied for credit in consultation with the Advisor for the College of your Major.
    • Pay admissions application fee
  • Apply for financial aid at FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  • Once you have been accepted you will need to meet with an academic advisor and register for classes.
    UHD Academic Advising
  • After you have registered for classes you will need to visit Veterans Services.

Hazlewood Eligibility

UHD Veterans Services

UHD Air Force ROTC