Graduate Certificate in the Foundations of Data Analytics
The Graduate Certificate in the Foundations of Data Analytics will provide learning professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to begin to effectively analyze, but particularly understand the analysis of the growing amount of data available in a variety of disciplines and transform it into usable information for use in decision-making. Students will be able to organize, transform, and manipulate data in various formats. Learners will also be able to convert a data analytic problem and related information into a proper mathematical representation and also write code that is well documented and reproducible.
Summer 2024 US residents May 1 and International April 1
Fall 2024 US residents July 15 and International May 1
Spring 2024 US residents December 15 January 5 and International October 1
Admission requirements for the Graduate Certificate in the Foundations of Data Analytics
are designed to identify applicants who have the ability, interest, and qualities
necessary to complete the program. Admission is competitive and selective. Applicants
must demonstrate that they possess the abilities, interests, and qualities necessary
to successfully complete the program.
Applicants seeking admission will provide the following application materials for review by the Graduate Curriculum Committee. Please submit all documents to the Graduate Admissions office at email@example.com
- A completed SLATE application (Click on Apply Now below).
- Submit (1,000 words or less) a personal statement that addresses why you want to study data analytics.
- Bachelor's degree conferred by a regionally accredited institution.
- Official University transcript(s) from which the applicant earned a Bachelor's degree
and an advanced degree (if applicable) indicating:
- the last 60 semester credit hours of course work and evidence of Bachelor's degree awarded and the cumulative GPA.
- Students with an international transcript must submit their transcripts to UHD already evaluated for U.S. equivalency. Here is a list of approved agencies. If residential applicants are experiencing any delays in submitting their official transcript, we will currently accept unofficial transcripts indicating a Bachelor's degree conferred as part of the completion of the application. As admission to the certificate is competitive, candidates with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a sophomore or higher-level statistics course will be preferred. Resume documenting any work experience that emphasizes personal and professional accomplishments.
- Resume documenting any work experience that emphasizes personal and professional accomplishments.
- One letter of recommendation or recommendation form an individual well-acquainted with your work and who is able to address your academic potential, for example, work supervisors and professors.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, if you are a graduate of a university where English is not the primary language of instruction (preferred TOEFL scores are: an Internet-based score of 81, a paper-based score of 553 or an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher). As a waiver to these English Proficiency Exams, the College of Sciences & Technology Graduate Studies office will accept as proof of English proficiency, full-time employment history of at least 3 years in a country where English is the primary language spoken, such as the US, UK, Canada, etc. Please submit the English Proficiency Waiver Form as part of your application documents to the Graduate Admissions
The Graduate Advisory Committee will evaluate applications using a matrix based on GPA, relevant coursework or experience, recommendations, and other written materials in the applicant's file. The Graduate Advisory Committee will use the results of this evaluation to determine if an applicant is admitted. The Graduate Coordinator will notify students, in writing, of the committee's decision. Application opens on September 5.
The Certificate in the Foundations of Data Analytics requires a minimum of 12 graduate semester credit hours. In addition to being able to complete this certificate face to face, it can also now be completed online. All four required course options are available to take fully online.
|Programming Foundations for Data Analytics
|Statistical Foundations for Data Analytics
|CS 5318 or CS 6301
|Database Management Systems or Information Visualization
|STAT 5310 or STAT 5311
|Applied Regression Analysis or Multivariate Analysis and Nonparametric Statistics
The College of Sciences and Technology, Graduate Studies currently offers a Master of Science in Data Analytics. We provide academic advising to current graduate students in the program. If you need assistance with personalizing your graduation plan to ensure you graduate within a timely manner, please schedule an appointment. All students have access to their degree evaluation at MyUHD and we are more than happy to assist you with any advising questions or concerns. Please see office hours below.
- Graduate Academic Honesty Policy
- CST Graduate Student Handbook
- College of Sciences and Technology Graduate Probation, Suspension, or Dismissal Appeal
Contact for Office Hours:
Phone Number: 713-223-7972
Questions About Graduate Admission
Graduate Admissions Office
For any other information about the Graduate Certificate in the Foundations of Data Analytics contact the Assistant Director of Graduate Studies, Angel Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any applicant looking to appeal their admission decision can do so here: College of Sciences and Technology Graduate Admissions Appeal Form.