Enroll in a Waitlist
The waitlists process allows students to add themselves to a class section that is currently closed/full so they can be automatically enrolled when a seat becomes available. Students can take advantage of auto enroll by Waitlist only or Swap Waitlist.
Waitlist vs. Swap Waitlist
Student is waiting for a seat to open in a closed/full class.
If a seat becomes available, the waitlisted course will be automatically enrolled.
Student is currently in a similar course but wants to waitlist a preferred course (due to time/date/faculty preference).
If a seat becomes available, the original course will be dropped and the waitlisted course will be automatically enrolled.
- Automatic enrollment from Waitlist: Student adds themselves to a course that is currently waitlisted. If a seat becomes
available in the waitlisted course, the automatic enroll process will register the
student and send an email confirmation. (View Instructions)
- With automatic enrollment from the waitlist, the student should not register for the same course at a different date or time. If the waitlist attempts to enroll the student and they are already enrolled in another section of the same course, the process will not enroll the student from the waitlist.
- Students are responsible for monitoring any waitlisted classes and notifications. If a student is automatically enrolled in class(es) from a waitlist and then no longer wishes to stay enrolled, they will need to drop the course before any financial obligations are assessed. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for drop dates and refund dates.
- Automatic enrollment from Swap Waitlist: Student is already enrolled in a similar course and would prefer to swap it for a
desired course that is currently full/waitlisted. If the student uses the swap waitlist feature, and a seat becomes available
in the desired course, the original class will be dropped and the student will be automatically enrolled in the preferred course. (View Instructions)
- If at any point the student no longer wants to swap the original course for the waitlisted course, they will need to remove themselves from the waitlist.
- If a seat does not become available in the desired class, the student will stay enrolled in original class. Students should decide if they will need to drop the course before any financial obligations are assessed. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for drop dates and refund dates.
When would the process fail?
- Prerequisite and corequisites are not met and the student does not have a class permission override from their advisor.
- Time conflict (waitlist class time conflicts with current schedule).
- Students are enrolled in the same course and did not use the Swap Waitlist option.
- Yes, if your preferred class has a waitlist and you are currently enrolled in another section, you can use the “Swap” courses function to be fully enrolled in one class while waitlisted in a desired course.
- If you are enrolled from the waitlist, the original class will be dropped automatically at the same time.
- If seats do not become available in the preferred class, you will not be dropped from the class you fully enrolled in.
- No, unless your advisor has already reviewed your record and granted an override to that class. Be sure to notify your advisor if you need a requisite override in an enrolled and waitlisted class section. If a seat becomes available and you are next to be enrolled from the waitlist, you must meet all requisites or have a class permission override to be officially enrolled in the class.